Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Preparation for the Big Day


Being crowned Miss Tennessee's Oustanding Teen in March of 2010 is such an honor. I feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity! I am thrilled that this year has begun, and I know it will open up a new chapter in my life.

When I began preparing for my first preliminary pageant, I would have never dreamed this would be the outcome. During the Miss Music City pageant (my first ever in this pageant system) I had such an amazing experience. Even after not placing, I knew immediately that I wanted to compete in as many Miss America Organization pageants as possible! Everyone there was so kind to me, and I had a blast. I then competed in the Miss Lexington/Henderson County pageant where I was crowned Miss Henderson County's Outstanding Teen. Once again, I had an unbelieveable experience and met so many new friends!

After winning my preliminary title, I only had about a month to prepare for the state pageant. Believe me, I was busy! While trying to find the perfect dress, fitness wear costume, and make appearances, I also practiced my talent hundreds of times! I wanted to make certain I could do it perfectly in my sleep before I did it on stage during the actual pageant.

As the pageant grew closer, I became more and more excited. I worked with Mrs. Janet and Mrs. Rita every chance I got while also working with Mom daily. My mother is my biggest supporter and is never afraid to give me the most honest constructive criticism, which I believe everyone needs! Jared, Paige, and all of the JoAnn's staff worked several long hours with me trying to choose and alter my dress. They are all great and I don't know what I'd do without them! The day of TOT, I woke up early, dressed for interview, and rode with Mom to Jackson. While in the hotel lobby, Mr. Tommy was so sweet and surprised me with a good luck gift! I met up with several old friends who were also competing with me, while making several new friends as well. Savannah waited with us out in the hall before interview and tried to calm our nerves. She and her mom were so sweet! After interview, I went on to talent rehearsal with Victoria, then rehearsals for our opening number. By the time seven o'clock came, we were all ready to go. There are no words to describe how amazing the experience of competing is. You bond with all the contestants while everyone goes through adrenaline rushes, nervousness, and excitement. These are friends I will never forget.

Standing onstage waiting for results was one of the most nervewracking moments of my life. I was pleased with the performance I had given and could not wait to find out the judges' opinions. After being announced the talent winner of the evening, I was elated. For me, the talent competition is one of the most special events. I have been participating in baton twirling since the age of five and am a third generation twirler. When my name was called as Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen 2010, I couldn't believe it! I was ecstatic, but tried hard not to cry. Jared did not want me to mess up my make-up for pictures, haha! This had turned out to be the best night of my life. Thank you so much to all who have made this possible! I am looking forward to the wonderful year I will have and the chance to represent our state at MAOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment