Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29, 2010

It doesn't seem true that over a month has already passed since the night I was crowned Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen. Yesterday, I opened the mail to find that Mrs. Missy had sent me my pageant dvds. I was so excited to finally get to watch the actual pageant. It was made into a family affair as I watched what they had already seen once. As I watched the dvd, it reminded me again of how lucky I am and of how special being in the Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen pageant is. I thoroughly enjoy competition and this was the most rewarding experience yet. As I viewed the dvd, I was amazed at how I missed talking to all the girls I had met, even though I had just met most of them that day!




Last Saturday, I made another appearance at the Greenfield Fiddlestick 5K. The run was put on by the Greenfield First Baptist Church's Relay for Life Team. Even though it was cold, windy, and rainy we had a good turnout and actually managed to complete the race and awards before the storms set in. Congratulations to all the participants and winners!




Tuesday night, I attended the 2010 Weakley County Youth Leadership banquet. It was the ten year anniversary of the Weakley County Youth Leadership program. For those of you who don't know exactly what the program is, I will give you a quick explanation. Every year, each student in the sophomore class from all Weakley County schools is given the opportunity to apply for the Youth Leadership program. They must fill out an application to turn it. Once the application is turned in, all their identity information is then taken away to be sure everyone has an equal chance. Then, five students from each school are selected as the WCYL class for that year. Beginning in October and continuing through April, these students work together and learn leadership skills that will last them a life-time. They learn about how Weakley County operates as well as how we can all work together to achieve more as a county. They go through team-building processes, make life-long friends, travel all across the county, visit banks/businesses/community service organizations, and tour our state's capital. It is a wonderful program to go through and I would recommend that everyone apply. As a member of last year's class, I returned to help celebrate the occasion. To my surprise, Mrs. Jan had been kind enough to nominate me for the Youth Achievement Award. Near the end of the banquet, they began reading off a list of achievements the winner had accomplished and I was shocked to realize that the award went to me. I was very honored to recieve such an award! Thanks so much!


I am working hard on my talent routine and continuing to book appearances. This Saturday, I will emcee and perform at a double pageant in Crockett County! I cannot wait to discover what else this year will bring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment