Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010


Even before the night that I was crowned came to a close, I began to realize how busy I would be the next few weeks. I interviewed with the Jackson Sun before I ever left the building! It all seemed unreal and took a while to sink in. For the next three days, I was on the cover of one of our local newspapers. I couldn't believe it! Soon after, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN notified Mr. Tim because they had read in the newspaper that my platform was Hunger Awareness. They wanted an interview so they could publish an article on their website and invited me to work with them. I was thrilled because this would allow me to promote my platform on an even bigger scale.


After the initial shock wore off, one of my favorite parts of being a titleholder presented itself. Appearances!! My first official appearance as Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen was April 9th when I was invited to perform at the Miss Obion County Central High School pageant. Before this appearance, I traveled to JoAnn's where they supplied me with the perfect dress. I always love going into JoAnn's!! All the girls in the pageant looked beautiful and I met so many new people! I'd have to say, meeting new people would be on the top of my "Favorites" list, haha. I had a great time performing my talent routine, sitting with Jared, and watching the new Miss OCCHS be crowned. Congratulations, Jerrie!


In the midst of everything involved with my new crown, I also had to prepare for Beta Convention where our club ran Hank Greve for Secretary and I competed in special talent. This year's Beta Convention was the most memorable convention yet. I had the time of my life meeting literally hundreds of new people and campaigning for Hank. We had worked so hard on our skit (which I designed the music, dance, and props for, ha) and Hank's speech and could not wait to perform it on stage! I would like to take the time to thank my club and sponsors (We love you, Miss Michelle and Miss Farmer!) for working so very hard on this. During the special talent preliminary rounds, I performed my talent routine for the judges and competed to make the Top Eight. I was awarded this honor and moved into the finals round. This meant that I would perform my talent routine in front of everyone at the next session! I was excited, but nervous at the same time. Performing my talent routine in front of the thousands of Betas at convention was truly exhilarating! Sometime during the convention, Mrs. Barbara (the National Beta Club Sponsor) found out that I was Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen. She was so kind to me and announced me in front of the whole convention, as well as requesting that I took pictures to put on the website!


Everywhere I travel provides unique memories that I will carry with me throughout the rest of my life. Now, I cannot wait for my next appearance/performance as Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment