Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010

It's countdown time! Miss Tennessee week is almost here! I know all the contestants are either thinking one of two things: 1.) It can't get here soon enough! or 2.) How am I ever going to be completely ready in two weeks?! I'm sure it's the first one for most of the girls, and if not....It will all come together, so don't worry! I have had the pleasure of meeting alot of the girls during trips to JoAnn's and know there it will be a tough decision. Good luck to everyone competing! I can't wait to get to know you better. Miss Tennessee week also means I get to spend the whole week with my "Miss Tennessee family". Ahhh! I'm SO ready for this. I can't wait to see Channing again and appear for the first time with her! (: To prepare for the week, I made a trip to my favorite pageant shop ever (JoAnn's), where Paige, Jared, and Nikki helped me choose an amazing wardrobe for the week. Paige can design the best dresses! :) Not to mention the fact, I also was given shoes and earrings to match. I always look forward to my trips to JoAnn's!

In the midst of the mountains of paperwork I am trying to complete, my platform has not been forgotten. As I mentioned in my last post, I will be working all summer with the First United Methodist Church of Greenfield with the Summer Food Service Program. We are one of five churches in Weakley County to have adopted the program this year. I go to the church from 11-1 everyday that I am available to volunteer. The program provides fellowship and food to anyone up to the age of 18. There are no requirements, and you don't have to stay for the whole time. During the first hour, I either help prepare for the food to be given out, or play games with any children who come. At twelve, lunch is provided. We hope the program will grow throughout the summer and encourage all to come!

Just because I haven't been competing in pageants since March, doesn't mean I haven't been going and helping/watching! My pageant buddy/best friend (Taylor Hatcher) and I travel all over West Tennessee as I help her get ready for her pageants! While I miss actually walking out on stage a little bit, I love helping her do her hair and makeup! Just thought I'd give a little shout-out to my pageant buddy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment